Just One Old Man's Opinion

In the early 80's when the Tribune took over the Cubs I wasn't sure what they were going to do to our beloved Wrigley Field. They added the message board and did some minor things like building the gift shop etc but for the most part they left Wrigley as it was, which to me is perfect.

Now as I stroll by the field and see this ridiculous red Toyota sign I am filled with anger, disgust and am ashamed of our ownership. Do they not understand that Wrigley is beloved by so many for other reasons besides winning pennants? We love Wrigley because it is pure, it is baseball as it was meant to be. Now we have this sign and I wonder about the future of our field. And it is our field. We have sat through years of mediocrity, years of thinking wait til' next year. And for this new owner to come in and allow a car company to put up a sign really scares the heck out of me.

It's hard enough to watch certain members of our team play with no heart, no love for the logo on their jersey (not saying any names but 3rd and LF!). Now we have this stinking red sign to look at? I pray the our owner will take down the sign and realize he owns sacred ground, treat it that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment