Wrigley Nut Free Tonight


Well I'll tell ya - back in my day we worked hard to put three square meals on the table. And no one complained about the food being healthy or makin' em fat. You ate it, and you liked it. Well, you may not have liked it - but you ate it anyway.

These days not only do people complain about everything - turns out they can't eat half of the food out there.

Back in my day I didn't know of anyone who was allergic to peanuts. I can't recall a single soul. But apparently it is some sort of epidemic. Everything to do with kids these days is nut-free: school, parties, snacks, and now: Wrigley Field.

The Cubs announced that for tonight's meaningless game against the Pittsburg Pirates - one of the few teams worse than the Cubs - they are setting aside the "batter's eye" box in centerfield for all those kiddies with nut allergies.

I've never been invited into that private club, and I sure the heck ain't allergic to no peanuts - so I won't be heading there tonight.
If I do get a chance to go to the game it'll be to see the Cubs honor Expo Hall of Famer Andre - The Hawk - Dawson.

No comments:

Post a Comment