Mid-Offseason Wrigley Upkeep Report

It seems pretty much halfway thru the offseason, so I reckon we should show you some of the goings on at Wrigley Field so far. Besides removing some 1950's concrete panels on the Clark Street side, this years round of upkeep seems to be more about patching and replacing concrete. Now don't get me wrong, they are working away in there and no doubt spending bundles of money, but I'm not too certain most folks will even notice what's been done. I reckon until they do some major renovating this work here will be par for the course.

Here are some photographs:
Removal of the concrete panels from the '50s
Behind the panels: a mess, but they're working on it
Concrete pump truck
Ramp work off of Addison St.
More concrete work by that "Captain Morgan" monstrosity
More concrete
Plenty of scaffolding over there by Waveland Ave.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy this blog, since I stumbled upon it, because of the 'everyday' pictures that it affords to everyone who can't 'hang' around the street because they live two or three hours away and a trip to Chicago and to Wrigleyville is more or less an event - meaning a planned event with expenditures of hundreds of dollars before adding in the cost of gas. But I was wondering if someone could give me some dimensions on different sections of the architecture of the whole complex like starting with the dimensions of the panels they removed or height of flagpole or brick walls on the outside...little details like that so I can make my own Wrigley Field in some smaller scale. Thanks...Tom, down in the central part of Illinois.

    ReplyDelete